[rescue] Symbios 8751SP

Greg rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 20 17:46:58 CDT 2001

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:46:17 -0400  s at avoidant.org wrote:
> > But does anyone know what a Trap 3e is?
>
> So I still don't know what it is, but I got rid of it by doing
> set-defaults. Booted right to the cdrom to run the installer, then the
> disk for the web installer.

It's a software trap private to OBP that indicates a divide-by-zero
condition.  Run "see u/mod" in OpenBoot and a few instructions into
the routine there's a conditional trap instruction that will raise the
3e trap (0x13e since it's due to a software trap instruction) when the
divisor is 0.  So OBP was provided some input data, apparently related
to your nvram contents, that caused it to perform an unexpected
divide-by-zero.

-greg