[rescue] Symbios 8751SP

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 20 16:46:17 CDT 2001

sambo at charm.net whined:

> But does anyone know what a Trap 3e is?

So I still don't know what it is, but I got rid of it by doing
set-defaults. Booted right to the cdrom to run the installer, then the
disk for the web installer.

Woo Hoo! A SCSI Ultra 10. This is a good thing, yes? A step up from the
SS/20 anyway, at least in processor. I think I'll miss having three
heads.

Which brings me to the next question. About the VGA connector on the
system board, driven by the ATI Rage 3D chip. Is there something I need
to do to be able to use it? I plug a high-end peecee monitor in there,
and it gives me frightening green static. Does this mean that vga is
doing something strange? I know there was recent discussion on this
subject, but I have to admit I missed it. Who thought I'd have a U/10 in
my possession?

And then, totally unrelated... Where do I find SunPCi software?

Thanks,

---sambo