[rescue] Wanted: Network card for HP IIP/III for sale

Paul Sladen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 20 14:40:56 CDT 2001

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:
> I just upgraded my "found" LJ IIP printer to have Max RAM (4 Meg), and in
> doing so I had to pull the existing mempry board. It has one Meg
> pre-installed, and has room for 3 Meg additional RAM (by adding more RAM
> chips, not SIMMs).

I have one of these... (da non-el-Postscript one), and with 1.5meg RAM.

However, I've been looking out for JetDirect NIC to go in the printer, so
that I can relocate it somewhere sensible on the home network, and get rid
of the ageing Win3.11 box I use to drive the damn thing!

So... couple of months ago, I met a guy at a Radio Rally, and arranged to
pickup *three* NICs from him.  They turned out to be pretty similar, but two
had Novell EPROMs, and the other one had something else, anyway, none of
them have JetDirect or speakense IP!

  a)  Is it possible to replace the EPROM?

  b)  If so, who can offer to burn/copy a new one?

  c)  If, if so, does anyone have a suitable PROM that I can get copied?

Alternatively, if you've got one of the TCP/IP ones for sale, then my SPARCbox
would love to chat to it.  (after any renumberation has been sorted out).

Paul