[rescue] OT: Okay, so what is this? SGI?

Chad Fernandez rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 19 22:00:21 CDT 2001

Patrick,

> Chad, no offense, but a search for "matrox impress ultra" on google.com
> turns up exactly what it is, on the first page of results, including a link
> to the drivers for Win3.1 etc.  Maybe you should check google.com for more
> info?

I looked and looked, but didn't find anything helpful when I got the
card.  It seems Matrox has some cards with very similar names.

> The fact that it has EISA definitely indicates that it not a Sun part.  And
> that there are Win3.1 drivers that it is not exactly SGI-related either :-)

Never said it was Sun, thats why the beginning of the message subject
line said, OT.  Some SGI stuff does use EISA.

> Check http://www.mpoli.fi/files/hardware/DISPLAY/MATROX among other places.

I am downloading a file now.  Hopefully it'll have the CFG file among
other things.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA