[rescue] OT: Okay, so what is this? SGI?

Chad Fernandez rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 19 16:00:14 CDT 2001

Hello Peoples,

Maybe 6 months ago, I bought a video card from Ebay.  It is a huge card,
actaully 2 cards running parralel, and they are bolted together.  One
side is EISA, the other 16-bit ISA, but with only a few contacts.  It
has a 13w3 connector, marked "video out", and a db9 connector marked,
"video in".  It appears to be made by Matrox, and says "Impress/Ultra"
with a 4/14/94 date on a sticker.  Is has quite a bit of memory and
several large LSI chips and a TI DSP chip.  When I try to install it in
my PC base 486 server, it askes for config file, !MTX0104.cfg.  THe
Matrox web site doesn't seem to have it.  I emailed customer support and
they were of no help.

It reminds me of some of the SGI video cards I have seen pictures of, is
it SGI, ow what?

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA