[rescue] Symbios 8751SP

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 19 01:33:11 CDT 2001

s at avoidant.org wrote:

> Can I use both the 68-pin and the 50-pin connectors on the card at the
> same time? That seems to me much more reasonable than a converter.

OK, so anyone want to write up a quick HOWTO on converting your Ultra
5/10 to SCSI using the Symbios 8751SP. Obviously booting doesn't if
you've taken away the boot device, but I can't even boot cdrom -s to
label the two new SCSI drives I stuck in.

Here's what I've got:

Two 9G SCSI hard drives, ids 0 and 3. I figure it'll boot to one or the
other right?

A SCSI cd burner, id 4. Shouldn't be a problem. should it?

The ide cdrom that was in it. Second channel, only device. Didn't change
any jumpers.

boot cdrom -s

format, label drives.

Now how do I tell it which is the new boot device?

Right now it's setenv boot-device
/pci at 1f,0/pci at 1,1/ide at 3/something-or-other

It's not anymore, or won't be when I'm finished...

Anyone know what it might be now that the disks are hanging off a card
in PCI slot 2?

Thanks...

---sambo