[rescue] Is this a POS?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 19 00:24:06 CDT 2001

I went to a hamfest today and spotted an SGI Indigo
under a bunch of PC crap.  It had a few minor scratches,
no keyboard, no monitor.  Thinking it was just a case
and it would blow the mind of the tech at school if I
just sat it on my desk, I bought it for less than I
would spend at McDonald's.  When I got home I opened it
up and there is a CPU card and graphics card, no hard
drive, no memory.  Is this thing worth putting money
into it to get it going or is it just a POS (I don't
mean to ruffle any feathers here)?  Feedback welcome
(OK, some flames too if necessary) I know this is
sunhelp but I know there are some SGI fans out there too.