[rescue] Re: Lily at Comdisco has more Ultra 30s (Fourty at last count!)

Michael S. Schiller rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 17 08:00:57 CDT 2001

While on the topic of sbus/pci, does Sun or anyone else make a pci card that
would allow you to use an xbox on a pci based Sun?

-Mike

Ken Hansen wrote:

> Do you have to remove *anything* to add RAM to your U30? I don't...
>
> The difference between the U30 and U60 is not only SMP, but dual SCSI chains
> (ext. seperate from int.).
>
> With a little bit of work, you should be able to put 2x SCSI drives in the
> two open bays under the CD-ROM. Also, the U30/U60 will take 1.6" SCA drives
> easily, so all those great SCA drive-deals that *won't* fit in the SS/5,
> SS/20, or most Ultra 1/2/5/10 will fit in the U30/60 boxes.
>
> Why would you want SBUS expansion? I was under the impression that the PCI
> bus was (in most respects) superior, although the cost of add-in cards is
> typically more than SBUS...
>
> Ken

*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *