[rescue] Sun 3/60

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 16 03:55:50 CDT 2001

  [I missed this part]

On August 16, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Now I've not run the exact same X11 code on the same OS revision and
> hardware.

  Well I have.  From X10R4 (that's X-TEN-release4) up to X11R6.1, on VAX
and M68K, side-by-side with vendor's bundled compilers and gcc from
release 1.38, on uVax-II/GPX, Sun2/170, Sun3/50, and Sun3/60.  Nearly
a three-fold increase in overall performance in each case.  I don't
care if it generates ugly code, it's *faster*, which is all I said in
the first place.

  Now, I respect your opinions and your experience...but I've got a bit
myself, on a LOT of these machines.  We can always put together some
Sun3 systems and try it out again if we really need to.

   -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Laurel, MD