[rescue] SGI/ IBM 9 gig hard drives

Roy Martin rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 16 04:46:33 CDT 2001

Good morning,

I was surfing around looking for information on a hard drive I recently
bought, and I came across a chat room posting you made on March 24th of this
year.  The drive is an IBM manufactured 9.1 gig with the SGI part #
064-0070-001 on it.  If you have a minute, could give me some feedback on
these drives?  I would appreciate it.  I thought I saw something that said
they were prone to I/O errors when formatting, or something; but I can't
find it again ('gotta love the Internet).  Have you had any problems with
your drives?  Did yours format to 8.6 gigs not the advertised 9.1, like
mine?  Any other information would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time,
Roy Martin
Gilbert AZ