[rescue] Re: Re: Sun 3/60

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 15 23:28:01 CDT 2001

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 08:33:59PM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:
> >
> > for use outside Sun Microsystems" sticker on it. The traditional barcode
> > tag on the release push-thingie is handwritten if I recall correctly. I
>
> wow, handwritten barcode.  that's gotta be hard to do. :)

Well, a lot of "sun barcode" memory has no stripes on the label. On most
VME boards, there's a part number tag on one ear that is normally a
preprinted one. This one had at least one side handwritten

And I always love finding ECO-type trace wiring on a retail product PCB.
Sometimes it's good (snip one wire in an Alinco DJ-V5 HT and you get full
range receive) but sometimes it's just scary.

--Rob (who has a 21143-based ethernet card with a loose IC upside down on
it. Ouch. It seems to be a pre-alpha alpha chip, since it says Protoype on
the chip.)

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows