[rescue] Sun 3/60

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 15 22:14:14 CDT 2001

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Zach Malone wrote:

> Hello,
>     I was hunting for a nice Sun 3 machine, and after a few dozen ebay
> searches, I was able to come up with a Sun 3/60
> (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1265229512).
> As it is not quite what I was looking for (I would like to find a
> 3/160 and rearrange it in its original hardware configuration), I
> figured I would post it here, and hope someone wants to rescue it.

That's IMHO a silly price.  I gave away my last 3/60, which was in better
cosmetic condition, had 24MB RAM, a P4 cg6, a 19" mono monitor, a type-4
keyboard and mouse with adapter cable and an external 327MB drive.  Sun
made zillions of these things.

I might pay good money for a loaded 3/400, but that's about it in
sun3-land.  Everything else is probably too common to be "collectable".

-James