[rescue] Re: [geeks] SGI introduces O2+

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 15 21:57:38 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 04:26:45PM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> > Check out www.sgi.com - the O2+ is out.
>
> So whatt??? At those prices, I can find a great used U60, equip it to the
> gills (dual 360's at least, and elite 3d), and still have room to buy two
> more.

I would still choose the SGI, mainly because of the monstrous texturing
and volume rendering capabilities.  But if that isn't that important to
you (as it isn't to the vast majority of people), then this is definately
a fairly poor deal, software issues being considered as equal.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/