[rescue] Alpha rescue

Hatle, Steven J. rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 15 08:34:07 CDT 2001

Joshua replied:

> There is also NetBSD.  That seems to be popular if you don't need exotic
video hardware.

Nope- none of the BSD's are supported. Other Alpha platforms, but not this
one. That bastard EISA bus, I guess.

> Digerati?  Isn't that a WiReD term?

Sorry- moment of weakness <grin>. When people ask me what I do, one answer
is "I'm a bit plumber".

> A toy!?!  Put the box to work man.  Should make a decent file server at
the least.

Well a toy only in that I don't have a "production" job slated for it, and I
generally don't like to rely on a box I only have one of; hence my little
fleet of DNS/mail/web servers are IPX/Classic/LX machines, since these are
plentiful and cheap, and usually suitable for the task.