[rescue] Looking for links to 19" rack shelves (new or used)

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 11:26:31 CDT 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, you wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just "won" a 6' HP rack on eBay ($50 but I'll have to pick it up in
> Albany, NY), so now I'll need some shelves - anyone have some pointers?
>
> I think I want shelves that attach to both the front and back rails, in case
> I want to put some heavy equipment inside (like a monitor), and maybe
> something to use as a keyboard tray (slide-out).

Nice score. Those racks are sweet. It sounds like the 3 I am using in my home
data center. If you go shelf hunting you will need to be aware that the
mounting rails in the HP rack are not movable so you will need to get shelves
that are already the "right" depth or are adjustable.

What I have done is to use some angle brackets to make a base to set a shelf
plate on. Works quite well since the HP rack has provision to mount brackets in
from the sides.

Also, If you are interested I have a pile of the 1U plastic fillers for those
racks that cover the empty space.

Of course if you have any other questions regarding these nice racks lemme know.

-Mike N