[rescue] 501-2646?

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 18:15:37 CDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 03:49:00PM -0700, koyote at koyote.cx wrote:
> At Terraspring, we hard coded all ports all the time. various bits of
> equipment- intel ethernet cards exspecially, would drop connection
> otherwise. I've just come to the conclusion that one always locks
> the port, and if something doesn't work, tell the marketing dweeb to
> stop sticking tacks in the cable (true!)

I once visited a site (OK, it was really just someone elses house,
<whine>but everyone else gets to visit "sites"</whine>), where all sorts
of things had tacks in them.  Speaker cables, network cables, etc.  Then I
visited the restroom, and was truly scared.  Numerous power cords with
tacks in them.  Won't spend the night there anytime soon.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/