[rescue] SPARCPrinter (again) + DEC lineprinter q's

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 12 01:10:00 CDT 2001

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> OK, I went ahead and got the SPARCprinter and it looks to be in good shape.
> I have a good friend with an lpvi card - now all I need is the cable!
>
> Does anyone have the pinouts?  I will try to make the cable myself (maybe
> hardwire the lpvi end) if I can just figure out the pinouts...

Printer side is a regular DB25:

 1 VCLK+
 3 VDATA+
 5 LSYNC+
 7 STATUS+
 9 CMD+
11 PSYNC+
13 CBUSY-
14 VCLK-
16 VDATA-
18 LSYNC-
20 STATUS-
22 CMD-
23 CBUSY+
24 PSYNC-

Card side is a HD20 affair:

 1 VCLK+
 2 LSYNC+
 3 STATUS+
 4 PSYNC+
 8 CBUSY-
 9 CMD+
10 VDATA+
11 VCLK-
12 LSYNC-
13 STATUS-
14 PSYNC-
18 CBUSY+
19 CMD-
20 VDATA-

Pin assignments are the following (facing the board connector):

10  9 ...  2  1
20 19 ... 12 11

Be forewarned that consumables for these things are hard to come by new.
I have three of them that I picked up for pennies, I use one to keep the
other two alive partswise.

> Also, does anyone have any good ideas on where to find the monstrous
> 300-pound DEC lineprinters?  I could use one...

I used to have fun with an old LG02, those things are near indestructable.

-James