[rescue] SS20's AUI port

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 17:59:49 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 06:19:17PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:

> Yeah, my first home network was a 3 node BNC setup (would have prefered
> UTP, but BNC was traded to me for everything needed).  It caused me a lot
> of trouble.  I was so happy when I got rid of the last BNC node.  It
> wasn't until I moved that I really had a respectably sized network.
>  Previously it tended to be 3-4 machines, now it is 8 machines  most of
> the time, with more temporarily as people visit, and I try to get my extra
> machines going.

my first network was two machines hooked together with BNC.  it was a nightmare.

i'm now up to two FDDI rings and three ethernet segments.  got another two ether
segments in the planning stage, and might be adding a token-ring segment.  not
a touch of BNC either and no problems (all AUI and UTP)

-brian (trying to reply to email and not burn dinner at the same time, mmmmmmmmm,
	Yucca root and breaded fish.  yummy)