[rescue] (no subject)

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 16:58:36 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 05:51:05PM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 02:31:54PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> >
> > Personally, I'd be at a loss beyond a few hundred gigs.  Maybe 100gig for
> > music, another 100 for visible human data, and a few hundred for video
> > attached to an O2, and another 100 for scratch space.
>
> Josh, twenty years from now you will be famous as the guy who said, "640
> gigs of disk should be enough for anybody".

No, I just said that at this time and place 640 gigs are more than enough
for me, and more than enough for most people. YMMV, especially if you are
Dave McGuire.

In the not too distant future, I could see having a Tbyte of ram as being
rather handy for some things.

The idea of debugging somethat takes that much just scares me.  I hate
debugging 30 meg memory dumps as it is.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/