[rescue] (no subject)

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 16:50:48 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 03:44:51PM -0600, james at foonly.com wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, joshua d boyd wrote:
>
> > So, a Fasttrack is what, $150?  And an FPGA in volume is?  Of course, if
>
> Smallish ones, under $3.  For something that could handle a few IDE
> channels you'd be more like $20.  This is quantity 1 pricing.
>
> Then there's board price (around $15/ea in small quantity) and assembly
> costs.  Human assembly time probably dominates the total cost here.

Probably.  So, raw parts would likely be under $50 per board.  Wonder how
much would be needed other than connectors and FPGA.  Probably should have
fuses.  Of course, the truly expensive part would be design and
testing.  I don't think I could do it.  I didn't even have any idea what
to do with the osciliscope I used to have (parents gave it away thinking I
didn't want it just because I didn't know what to do with it).

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/