[rescue] Just Wrong: SGI Fridge

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 14:56:08 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 03:29:02PM -0400, Al Potter wrote:
> McGuire:  Don't look, it'll only piss you off....
> 	http://home.planet.nl/~mourits/koelkast/

They didnt trash a *working* machine to do this, so its okay
in my book.  If a machine is fried or you just do something iwth
a chassis, thats cool.  If you destory a working box to make
something nifty, its not.

"When one of our two Challenge DM servers broke down it was decided to
strip the now-deceased monster, Dua it was called, of its vital organs
(i.e. memory, cpu's, power supply etc.) and throw it away. So it was carried
out the door and put next to the garbage containers only to be hauled back
in again just 3 minutes later by my colleague and me."

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net