[rescue] HP 720 (I Think...)

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 14:51:10 CDT 2001

> > Anyone have a copy of the old Utah 4.3BSD for the PA-RISC boxes?
> > They don't seem to be letting that out anymore, and I did not
> > get a good mach setup on my 735.  If the real thing was around
> > anywhere, I would like to try that.... I have the requisite
> > license, etc...
>
> Not sure they ever really let it out; requires several licenses to have
> it, and I don't think very many folks took them up on it.  I know a bunch
> of folks looking for it; at one point, they had it so HP-UX compatable that
> you could almost boot with an HP-UX OS load and their kernel (at least
> that's the rumor).

I think it was on a couple dozen of their machines, and was let out
top a few others, if I am reading their bits right.

> Wasn't the BSD source license basically invalidated by AT&T?

I have the sco licenses, which covers everything prior to SysV.

It was not clear from the Utah info exactly what licenses they
specifically needed.  But, if it was the ATT stuff now SCO
(now maybe Caldera), I have those.

Bob