[rescue] (no subject)

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 13:35:47 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 02:31:54PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:

> Rip his DVD collection?  Modify a TiVo to save everything he has ever
> seen?

i've been meaning to look into hacking up an IDE array to put on a TiVo.  is
there a such thing as an IDE attached hardware raid machine?  slap a couple
80GB disks into an array, and KICK ASS!!

course i'd rather have an IDE->NFS device so i can just store all my TiVo stuff
on the NetApp. :)

> Personally, I'd be at a loss beyond a few hundred gigs.  Maybe 100gig for
> music, another 100 for visible human data, and a few hundred for video
> attached to an O2, and another 100 for scratch space.

you can always find a way to fill it up.  really.  :)

-brian