[rescue] HP 720 (I Think...)

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 12:13:03 CDT 2001

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, you wrote:
> Bob wrote:
> > Is there anything strange in hooking it up?  I see something like
> > an RJ45

That is HIL. (Human interface link)

>  or a little bigger (kind of like a ps2 keyboard by IBM)
> > on the back marked HIL keyboard.  I am assuming it goes there,
>
> I have a PS/2->HIL converter sitting around. In the back of it
> there is an aux rj-45 connector. What's it for?

It's not a PS/2 to HIL converter. That is the box required to connect ANY
keyboards/mice to HP 725, 715/64,80 & 100 workstations. The RJ jack is 10 pins
and I have been looking high and low for a die for my AMP crimper for those
connectors.

The RJ connects to the workstation via a short cable. You plug the
keyboard/mice in via the box. Your choice HIL or PS/2. there is no way to
connect k/m to the above machines without that box or a workaround.

Mike N