[rescue] Re: sparc 10 hdds

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 11:18:16 CDT 2001

> > my immediate need is for help as to where i can get a couple of drive
> > sleds for a sparc 10 that i just won on ebay ----  cost is primary factor
> > and cosmetics dont matter at all -- thanks for any info
> >
> What you can do in a super desparate or cheap situation is to put a screw into
> the mounting hols so that a part of it sticks out, say like 1/4 of an inch or
> so. Wrap electrical tape around it till you build up a bit of a wheel looking
> thing.

My fix is a slight bit more exotic than the tape thing, but I put screws in
with the smallest under-the-usual-external-small-drive-cabinet screw-in
rubber feet.  Then trim the feet to fit.  Crude, and not quite as simple
as tape, but ok.  I think rubber grommets will do equally as well, if
you have those.

Bob