[rescue] HP 720 (I Think...)

linc rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 09:07:11 CDT 2001

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, William Barnett-Lewis wrote:

> >From looking at a manual from HP's website, it appears I picked up an HP
> Apollo 720 with a 424mb drive, 48mb of RAM (? 6 memory boards - 4
> labeled 8mb and 2 physically bigger ones that have no id on them) a
> floppy, and a monochrome video card with one bnc connector.
>
> For $25 at the university's surplus shop, it seemed a good deal.  Can
> anyone point me in the direction of more info? Anyone got a copy of HPUX
> 10 for sale? Or a video card that is non bnc for sale?
>
> Ah well, time to go find my terminal and set it up...
>
> William

Nice machine...  There are directions around the net for getting past the
root password as long as there is an OS on there..  My advice would be to
forget the console and use a terminal instead and slap a bigger HDD on
it.  The 720 should use SCSI and any decent drive should work quite
well.  Your only prb may be that sometimes you have to set the console for
serial to use a terminal, but you have to have a KB, Mouse, Monitor to do
it...  Pain in the butt!

-Linc.

--
 10:04am  up 39 days,  3:37,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00