[rescue] Ultra 30s (*again*) but with a twist...

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 00:56:51 CDT 2001

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 02:14:39PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > My friend Lily at Comdisco has alerted me to a few additional Ultra 30s
> > she has - be forwarned though, these units may/will have cosmetic problems
> > (missing feet ?!), but they are as listed below. If you do call her,
> > please let her know you were referred by me (trying to build some *good*
> > kharma with them...)
>
> And i've got two 360mhz/4meg CPUs for sale that will work in these..
> Make me an offer if interested.

Actually, I don't believe that they will.  My experience is that the U30
and the first rev of the E450 (-2996) can only accept modules with 2MB of
e-$ or less.  You might be able to get around this by using the
limit-ecache-size OBP directive but this would eliminate one of the key
advantages of these modules.

The 400MHz/2MB modules do work in the U30, though.  I wonder if they'd
work in the -2996 E450 with the appropriate jumper setting (J2701 set to
2-3)?  Hmmm...

-James