[rescue] (no subject)

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 9 23:53:47 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 12:27:48AM -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 11:07:54PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > So why HIPPI storage then?
>
> I've never seen HPPI storage...

Cray mentions it, and I think I've seen a HIPPI storage array down in
Laurel (was a bit on over load at that point though, so could be
mistaken).

> > I wish I could afford a nice FC-AL setup.  That stuff looks so
> > nice.  Full-fabric is probably overkill for me.
>
> Evetually things like A5000s will come down in price.

True.  Still think it might be overkill for me though (err, thats what's
used when you have multiple machines accessing the array right?  What else
is it used for?), but I don't really understand it.

--
Joshua D. Boyd