[rescue] (no subject)

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 9 22:07:54 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 10:48:49PM -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> I didn't think HPPI was used for storage... just for low-latency high
> bandwidth applications (cluster/multi-cpu interconnect.) I don't think
> it has the "overhead" required for storage devices.

So why HIPPI storage then?

> Fibre Channel (which encompasses FC-AL and full-fabric fibre) was
> designed from the ground up for storage, to move larger chunks of data
> quickly as read/writes (instead of just message passing between apps.)

I wish I could afford a nice FC-AL setup.  That stuff looks so
nice.  Full-fabric is probably overkill for me.

Well, time to go focus on decidedly lower tech (and more frustrating) VBA
coding (sigh, gotta pay for stuff, it's either this or become an
admin).   Any one want to hire an unproven (read no experience) graphics
programmer on the east coast?  I might learn quickly!

--
Joshua D. Boyd