[rescue] Mike D.'s new Ultra 30...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 9 16:18:03 CDT 2001

Fill it w/32 Meg DIMMs - 12x 32 Meg DIMMs (plus the
initial 4x 64 Meg DIMMs) is *plenty of RAM fo rmost
users...

CPUs - an upgrade will more likely than not *bust*
your budget - the 300 MHz CPU is typically a $300 item
on eBay, but they don't seem to be selling, so the
price may be dropping... I can't speak for the price
of Bill's CPUs.

For an extra head, you would need an additional PIC or
"vertical" UPA framebuffer, the framebuffer I spoke of
earlier is a "horizontal" UPA framebuffer - for Ultra
1 & 2 only.

I was lucky, nad was able to get a very good price on
two framebuffers from "Big" Mike N. - ask him if he
has any more now (I did get the last Creator 2D he had
at the time)...

I hope you mentioned to Lily that I refered you...

Ken

--- Mike Dombrowski <legodude at hammycorp.com> wrote:
<snip>
> I ordered one of these this morning, not nearly as
> nice as the previous
> config but, enh, they're cheap and include a nice
> framebuffer. Would
> Ken's Creator 2d work in an U30 for an extra head?
> What's the max CPU
> these will take? Bill mentioned the 360mhz 4mb. And
> how much of a
> performance increase would I see? I plan on using
> this for light cad
> and development. And, finally, anybody got cheap ram
> for sale? If I
> have to I'll jam mine full with the 32mb sticks from
> sunguk but I'd
> rather use higher density dimms.
>
> Thanks
> Mike
>
> Ooh, if you ask nicely she'd probably give you a
> keyboard/mouse.

=====
Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com