[rescue] hrm, Onyx, looks cheap

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 9 08:27:04 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 09:22:29AM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> Plus, you would never again need a space heater under the desk to keep
> toes from freezing.

One day this summer, the AC was down in my schools CS department.  The
temp in the lab was about $100.  The air blowing out the back of the onyx
was over 150 degrees.

I dont think that the onyx has been powered up since then.  I hope they
aren't using the move (dept. getting shuffled to new building) as an
excuse to decommision the machine.  Because if they did, they would either
keep it for "historical interest" (meaning on display but unused), or
auction it off in a way that would mean that I most likely wouldn't be
able to get it.

--
Joshua D. Boyd