[rescue] hrm, Onyx, looks cheap

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 9 08:21:54 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 01:08:40AM -0500, Tugrul Galatali wrote:
> 	http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1261833589
>
> 	I wish I could justify buying it. I barely use my Ultra2 thanks to my
> VB programming gig (have to pay tuition somehow), so this would be a power
> sucking overkill.

I've seen Onyx RE2 systems go for $1500.  This is only a VTX system.  On
the other hand, it is upgradeable (but not cheaply unless you get really
lucky) to RE2 or IR.  It does have a gig of ram though, and that's usually
worth a few hundred dollars.

Personally, I'd hold out for at least an RE2 machine, but maybe that's
just me.

--
Joshua D. Boyd