[rescue] SPARCprinter model # QA-6

Matthew Haas rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 8 16:40:59 CDT 2001

On 8 Aug 2001 koyote at koyote.cx wrote:

> Hrm, I have a sparcprinter card.
>
> no printers, though. I kepe thinking I should get one of those...

I think both the cards, software, and printers are extremely easy (and
inexpensive- if at all) to come by. The trouble often arises with the
special LPVI cable (made of unobtainium as described on this list).

I would love to play with mine, but without the cable (and unwilling to
pay the price for the cable-- the sources I checked had them for at least
$50-$75... I didn't even pay that much for the printer!) one is out of
luck.

These should run on both SunOS and Solaris... I came across SunOS 4.x
drivers in my search.