[rescue] what the...

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 8 13:41:23 CDT 2001

> Anyone look at the other auctions by that guy?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1262528485
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1262535577
>
> Assuming those are what I believe them to be, $10 seems like a steal.

 These are indeed R10k processor modules for the O2 or Octane (in an Indigo2
the R10k is only supported in 175 Mhz and 200Mhz) . I have never seen these
kind of processor modules, but would guess it is for an Octane, since he also
has an Octane backplane for sale and a search for the part number came up with
a list of Octane stuff. Also I don't think the O2-serie had an 225 Mhz R10k
option.

 $10 for the processor is quite cheap, but then you have to buy the rest of the
machine to go with it. That's going to be considerably more expensive and since
second-hand Octanes aren't so expensive anymore, it might be cheaper to just
buy a complete system than building your own. The parts are really over-priced
when you compare them to the price of a complete machine...

  regards,
   Michiel