[rescue] Printing to the 'net

James Sharp rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 8 12:21:40 CDT 2001

> > You can, but should _never do_, as you will have problem talking to
> > anything on the internet wich use/own that net in question.
>
> No, the PIX does NAT.

Even with NAT, you still run into a problem if your internal lan is the
same network number as a network outside your system.

Example...If you use 204.192.127.0/24 as your internal network and NAT
firewall it, you won't ever be able to get machines on my network...cause
your routers and firewall will treat it as a local network and won't ever
try to go to outside connectivity.