[rescue] Printing to the 'net

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 8 11:35:01 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 11:45:03AM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> I though only 127.0.0.1 was loopback, but of all the people on the list,
> I'm probably the least authoratative person about that.

No, they actually reserved a whole class B net for loopback, god knows
why, so loopback is actually 127/8, not 127.0.0.1/32. Oh well, what are
16.7 million wasted addresses, in these days of IP shortage ...

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many
ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.