[rescue] What is a good terminal?

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 8 11:00:33 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 10:09:46AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > Coworker went looking for a MMJ crimper the other day; cheapest we could
> > find was $180 out of the Blackbox catalog.  The die may be $30, but what
> > about the crimper the die has to go in?
>
>   Oh sure, the crimper was a hundred bucks...but I already had that.
> I'm sure most of us do.

ok, about a year and a half ago or so, i couldn't find my dirt-cheap POS rj45
crimper.  not a big deal, i always hated that stupid thing.  so i was in Home
Depot (I HATE THEM) and saw a very nice crimper.  IDEAL Telemaster.  i think it
was like $30 or so.  has rj45 and rj11/12.  i also found out recently that they
make the same model of telemaster with rj45 and MMJ intead of rj11/12.  so if
you look hard enough, you should be able to find a nice crimper that does rj45
and MMJ.  and if i do find one, i'll have the rj45/11/12 crimper up for sale. :)

oh, the model number on mine is 30-496, and the one with MMJ is either 30-497
or 30-495, although i don't remember exactly anymore, i know it's one off from
mine, and i am much more tempted to say it's 30-497.

cheers,

-brian