[rescue] Printing to the 'net

Steve Pacenka rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 8 08:43:45 CDT 2001

> Can you reach it from home? (ping it?)
>
> You could, I assume, install the HP software for
> network printers - jetdirect I think it is called, go
> to the HP website and poke around - you shopuld find a
> network install program for Solaris/SPARC.

My primary printer is an HP inkjet connected to an HP JetDirect EX Plus box.
The JetDirect box is configured via telnet and speaks LPD + other protocols.
I print from Linux and MS Windows (latter using HP's JetAdmin software to set
up) routinely, and my jobs from Linux do not interfere with others' jobs from
Windows.

A great box.

-- SP