[rescue] What is a good terminal?

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 8 08:01:25 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 03:58:47AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   I dunno...I use MMJs all over the place.  I paid about $30 for the MMJ
> die for my crimper, and the blanks are cheap.

Coworker went looking for a MMJ crimper the other day; cheapest we could
find was $180 out of the Blackbox catalog.  The die may be $30, but what
about the crimper the die has to go in?

> MMJ<->DB25/DB9 adapters
> easily obtainable (I get handfuls at every hamfest)...I have a hard
> time complaining about them.

You must be the odd man out; I have maybe 2-3 adapters, maybe 3 "real"
MMJ cables - so they're "saved" for using on real DEC equipment where
I have no other option.  I can buy MMJ heads locally, but not the crimpers,
either.. so the last time I needed an MMJ cable I had to pay $6-8/each
to Blackbox.

I missed out on the last "box of MMJ adapters" I saw on ebay. 8-(

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net