[rescue] o2 questions

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 7 15:06:30 CDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 03:44:38PM -0400, nick at snowman.net wrote:
> I belive it is.  Define DV link?  The octane can take up to 3 (well, 4
> slots, at least one goes to video) XIO cards, and with the pci cage 3 pci
> cards.  These are the same pci cards the O2 takes.
> 	Nick

DV Link is the firewire card.  The software is for cameras only though, no
CDRs, harddrives, network stuff, etc.  Anyway, I supposed there isn't any
hardware reason it wouldn't work.  SGI doesn't support putting that card
in the Octane though from what I can see.

I was wrong about the SDI OR Audio.  Despite what the page I was looking
at that moment said, the SGI install guide indicates that the SDI module
has audio (maybe even digital audio) on it.

--
Joshua D. Boyd