[rescue] Screw (software) emulators!

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 6 19:33:17 CDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 07:23:29PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 08:23:14PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > How would an atomic memory test and check be implemented if one were to
> > persue such a chore?
>
> I can see it now.  a "beowulf"-type cluster of -8s, or at least
> "functionally and CPu equivalent" new hardware.

If it uses physically shared memory, I don't think it continues to count
as a beowulf cluster.

I do dream of putting together a multiboot stack of 1U of athlons for
trying things out on.  I'm kinda interested in playing with tuple spaces
for shared processing, and also in playing with mosix (especially nice if
using miranet interconnects.  Oh oh oh. hot).

I really need to get faster at coding so that I can knock off more items
from my todo list.

Back to selection buffers and picking (although my Add. Wes. book suggests
that a custom solution might be better, I'm not so sure).

--
Joshua D. Boyd