[rescue] several second lag...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 5 11:46:41 CDT 2001

Office is a system killer - you need obscene resources for a "full install"
of Office...

On modern PCs, ram is on the order of $100-150/Gig - why would you spend
*any* time trying to save the last $10 by running a machine with 64M (or
less?) - better to drop your CPU investment by the same $10.

Who said 40 megs was good for a PC running Win98, Office 97, IE5 and AOL
(isn't AOL running Netscape, so that would be *two* browsers active if she
had both AOL and IE5 running at the same time, right?)?

Ken