[rescue] Delorean specifications

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 5 05:03:51 CDT 2001

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001 koyote at koyote.cx wrote:

> K jets rock.
>
> Which reminds me I need to put new injectors in tomorrow.

The K jet is pretty spiffy, but I have to admit there's a soft spot in my
heart for the Carter AVS.  Simple, bulletproof, trivial to tune and I can
rebuild one in 8 minutes not counting parts cleaner soak (had a friend
time me).

I know FI is superior technology, and I've tuned TPI setups for racing,
but there's something comforting about venturis and little vacuum-actuated
metering rods fitting through jets to modulate fuel flow.  It's a little
bit like digging into a computer made purely out of SSI TTL, everything is
so _simple_.

-James [any Keihin CV gurus in the crowd?]