[rescue] Deloreans...

Darryl Barile rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 4 10:30:45 CDT 2001

We are talkin The DeLorean Right? Not some kit car thing

Remembering far back into the past, when I used to turn
wrenches on them, I don't believe Buick ever made a frame
like the Delorean's. IIRC. Used a wishbone frame with the
engine nestled in the rear. The engine was actually a 2.85
liter (Renault descent) aluminium block with wet cylinder linings.
Not exactly a testament to reliability.

Check out this site for more info

http://www.delorean-owners.org/legend/index.html

Now I suppose that could be replace with any V6 with similar
dimensions. But it didn't come that way.

Although I agree with you that it is indeed 'mediocre' but I might
use the term 'lost opportunity'.

But I don't want to stray too far off topic.