[rescue] several second lag...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 4 08:38:00 CDT 2001

Joshua,

You *can't* be serious!

Several seconds delay? Try this little expreiment:

    <simulate pressing a key on the keyboard>

    Repeat the following out loud:
        one thousand one
        one thousand two
        one thousand three

    <simulate seeing the key you pressed displaying on the screen>

You *really* think that is what it is like to use a machine with a CPU
clocked under 200 MHz?

Every MS product, from DOS 1.X on 4.77 MHz 8088 systems on to todays 1.4 GHz
WinXP monsters has had the text appear "instantly" on the screen after
typing it.

Honestly, what is the slowest system clock/CPU/OS combination you have used?

Ken