[rescue] Mac Appliance

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 4 00:55:34 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 12:51:08PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I dunno...I enjoy that sort of work...it's a challenge, and really
> hones one's programming skills.  Especially doing things like breaking
> up loops so that they fit into a particular machine's cache lines, TLB
> overflow optimization by reordering memory references, and stuff like
> that.  Try to do THAT in perl. ;)

but you can't do ANYTHING useful in perl. :)

hey, i like optimizing.  i think it's fun.  i'm not your average person though
either. :)  most people i know really don't like optimizing.  it's a large
amount of work for (what seems like) a small amount of gain.  very little
instant gratification.  i'm not into instant gratification though, so i'm
safe. :)

-brian