[rescue] Rescue these

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 23:15:12 CDT 2001

On August 3, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> > Woah.  You don't see many deals like that Cray.  With OS tapes even.  I
> > wonder if Cray is watching so that they can smack the winning bidder for
> > having an unlicensed OS.
>
> I dunno about that, but the J90 that was on ebay was the basis of
> ongoing jokes between the engineers i'm told.

  Yeah...Cray folk tend to have the same "problem" that Sun employees
do.  "Aw man, that machine was discontinued a WHOLE WEEK AGO!  It's
TRASH!  I can't BELIEVE you're STUPID ENOUGH to WANT THAT PIECE OF
SHIT!  You suck the sweat off of DONKEY BALLS!"

  An acquaintance of mine frequently picked SS10s OUT OF THE TRASH at
Sun Fed System Division in DC...in 1993.

  Morons.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire