[rescue] sleep dep

Derrick Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 22:06:57 CDT 2001

It's rumored that around Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 06:37:16PM +0000
koyote at koyote.cx wrote:

> > ok, i'll help qualify this a bit.  i'm as efficient now that i'm
> unemployed and
> > get 12 hours of sleep a night as was when i was working (at work by 7am,
> usually
> > get to bed between 2-3am)
>
> Yep- I'm up from 5 hours sleep to 7-9 hours sleep a day. No difference in
> energy at all. Hell, I may even do a bit less not having a place to Go Do
> Important Stuff.

\From what I've read, studies on college folk, sleep depravatino can
actually aide you in small amounts.  If you don't "recharge" your
batteries, then your screwed.  I generally recharge saturday or sinday
and sleep about 3-5 hrs during the week.  The trick is to wake up
inbetwween REM stages.  If you wake up in the middle it's hard to shake
the grogginess for several hours.

FWIW
-derrick