[rescue] ssh on 68k

Alexander Bochmann rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 19:56:45 CDT 2001

...on Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 12:50:56PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:

 > Err, in thinking about setting up another (for guest use,
 > sorta) workstation, I'm wondering if running on ssh client on, say, a Sun
 > 3 or Mac Centris is reasonable.  This probably is a silly question, but

No problem whatsoever, although until now my
attempts at compiling some version of OpenSSH
with SunOS 4.1.1 on a sun3 were quite futile
(looks like "portable" OpenSSH is not _that_
portable).
ssh.com - ssh 1.2.x works without problems.

I wouldn't copy large files using scp, tough - I
think you get about 10kb/sec or something.

Alex.