[rescue] be

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 17:27:30 CDT 2001

On August 3, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> >   We'll see.  When the government labs stop buying
> > multi-hundred-million-dollar computer installations from them because
> > they've gone to wimpy Intel processors, they'll figure it out real
> > quick-like.  I could be all wet, but I really don't see SGI going away
> > anytime soon.  And only partially because people have been predicting
> > the "imminent doom" of SGI for at least the past six years.
>
> Well, as much as I shouldn't say this, I heard this from someone who has
> some reputable connections.  Sorry to be vague, but he probably
> shouldn't have been talking to me in the first place.

  Not to doubt you or your contacts, but I will believe it when I see
it.

  One of Microsoft's trashy little tactics a few years ago was to
start rumors that places like Sun were "about to go out of business"
..."so you should run NT instead!"  blah blah blah.

  In short...this industry s so full of suits, liars, wannabees, flakes,
morons, conformists, and fence-riders that...if you want something to
come true, just start a rumor that it's "about to happen"...then it
probably will.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire